A versatile, durable and reliable sealing product compatible with most building surfaces.
Infra-Flash is a flexible sealing solution for use as a flashing for roof ridges, edges and chimneys. The product is a self-adhesive sealing butyl tape protected by an elongable metal film in reinforced aluminium. It moulds perfectly to irregular structures and is available in a variety of colours. This flexible, lightweight and long-lasting product is also UV resistant and easy to use – the ideal sealing solution.
The product is a self-adhesive sealing butyl tape protected by an elongable metal film in reinforced aluminium.The special crepped coated aluminium allows a 60% lengthwise elongation.
The product can be used as a flashing for roof ridges, edges and chimneys.
An ideal jointing membrane for the sealing of roof abutments. The product perfectly moulds to irregular structures of chimneys, dormer windows, skylights, gutters and all other roof-outlets and ducts. Infra-Flash™ is available in these colours:
- Reinforced aluminium, self-adhesive, waterproof, butyl solution
- Easy to install
- Highly flexible and lightweight
- No sticky residue
- No drilling, cutting or chopping required
- Available in three colours – Terracotta, Slate and Brown
- Self-adhesive and self-sealing
- 60% Elongable
|Standard thickness||1.2 mm|
|Standard length||5 m|
|Standard width||250 mm|
|Tensile strength||Long. > 150 N/50mm
Trans. > 150 N/50mm
|Elongation at Break||Long. > 60% + 20%
Trans/ > 20%
|Specific Weight||1.4 g/cm3|
|Peel Adhesion||> 70 N|
|Loop Tack Test||> 70 N|
|Probe Tack Test||6.0 N|
|Vertical Flow||< 5 mm|
|Application Temperature||+0 °C / +40 °C|
|Service Temperature||-30 °C / +80 °C
Up to 140 °C for max. 24h
Infra-Flash™ can be used as a flashing for roof ridges, edges and chimneys, the product is compatible with most building materials, metals and flexible or hard plastics.
Preparing the Surface
The user should check the compatibility of the product with the surface in terms of adhesion and chemical compatibility over the application temperature range. The surface should be clean, dry, smooth and dust-free.
Prepare the surface and proceed as follows:
- Choose the most suitable width and metal finish of the Infra-Flash™;
- Unroll the tape until the desired length is reached;
- Remove the silicone release film that covers the adhesive part of the tape and position Infra-Flash™;
- Press with a roller or a cloth pad.
Caution and Safety
- The materials is not hazardous for normal uses and when used by skilled persons.
- In particular conditions, it is possible to cut or injure oneself.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For further information refer to the Safety Data Sheet.
- The manufacturer disclaims all liability for product use and applications. No generic guarantees can be provided even if the instructions indicated on this sheet are followed.
- Butyl sealants are plastic products. They possess no elastic recovery.
- Do not use for permanent fixing or in load bearing applications in place of an adhesive or a mechanical fixing. Mechanical performance of butyl sealants decreases with temperature increase. Butyl adhesive are sensitive to solvents. It is advisable to check the chemical compatibility of the butyl adhesive with the support.
- The quality and characteristics of materials remain unaltered for a long time. It is however best to use the product within 12 months.
- For correct storage, a dry, covered place is best at a temperature between +5 °C and +30 °C. Storage above 30 °C may lead to difficulties in removing the release paper when applying.
- The product is not affected by frost.